Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil Change question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrybear

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:07 pm    Post subject: Oil Change question Reply with quote

I finally crawled under the new car to change the oil for the first time and much to my chagrin, i can't find the drain, because it appears to be hidden under a splash panel. Are there any tricks to removing the splash panel? I see a couple of bolts on each side out toward the wheel well, are there more? Any other gotchas? The filter housing looks pretty straightforward but i got surprised by the no-access drain. I know, i know, i'm ordering the Bentley, but i had to delay it to spend my cash on a replacement Yoko AVS Sport (Sheesh! expensive tire!) due to a nail in Flagstaff, Az this weekend. Speaking of the Bentley, I found it for $76 on Bimmerzone.com. Seemed like a good price to me. Any better deals around?
garycono

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:36 am    Post subject: Oil Change question Reply with quote

Yes, the drain plug is under the panel....no tricks here. The price you found for the manual seems good to me....I paid $79. and was happy with the deal....wait until you see the manual ..it's over a 1000 pages and full of information....worth every dollar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: