Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

86 325es.....it turns off ....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mzafaran

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2001 6:57 pm    Post subject: 86 325es.....it turns off .... Reply with quote

86 325es Help!! my car turns off frequently while moving, making a turn or even behind stop light, and most of the times it doesn't turn back on ...the battery is fine...my mechanic says its the motoronic unit (the computer) ,,,can anybody help me?
Ken Juul

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 11:13 am    Post subject: 86 325es.....it turns off .... Reply with quote

Before I shelled out for a computer I think I would check the main and fuel relays. also check for loose connections or bad grounds. some folks say that fuzes should be changed every 10 years even if they look ok. If you haven't changed yours that may help. I've been reading a couple BMW boards for a little over a year, I don't recall anyone saying their computer died, I think I would look other places first.
rduckwor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: 86 325es.....it turns off .... Reply with quote

Ken's giving you good advice, Specfically check the cluster of cables going to the positive terminal of the battery. I had the same problem once and that's where I found the cure. Wiggle the fuses or pull them out (one at a time) and replace them to clean the spades. If their bullet fuses, twist them in their sockets a few times.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
mzafaran

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2001 12:44 am    Post subject: 86 325es.....it turns off .... Reply with quote

thanx for the help!! ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: