Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

s52 running temp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30DOHC - E30 DOHC Swap

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soviet Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: s52 running temp Reply with quote

I've started driving my long-time incomplete s52 swap today... Got it moving on its own as cheaply as possible, so I can enjoy it a little as opposed to letting it sit in the garage for the third year Smile

Well, I drove to the gas station and back and noticed that my temp gauge does not move away from the blue zone, when in my opinion it should've...

I have used stock s52 dual ecu/gauge sensor (just spliced the e30 gauge in there). The temp did change, it was way cold, after driving it moved on the hotter end of the blue zone but would not go any further.

Any experience with similar set-up? What is the normal S52 running temperature to show on e30 gauge?

(E30 was 325is, I am running e30 rad, it's 70 degrees outside, the rad hoses get warm, it's full of antifreeze, and I'm pretty sure I have original s52 thermostat in there Very Happy )

1988 325is | 199k+ | First car (now s52 powered) Cool
1992 Saab c900 | 200k+ | Winter vehicle
1982 Virago xv920j | 25k+ | Cool

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Soviet Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24v swaps do not seem to be very popular on this board. Very Happy
Well, the temp gauge moves in between the cold blue area and first dash on the board during working temperature. When it's really hot, it almost moves over the first dash. I suppose I'll be able to find out if it will be overheating, as is Rolling Eyes

1988 325is | 199k+ | First car (now s52 powered) Cool
1992 Saab c900 | 200k+ | Winter vehicle
1982 Virago xv920j | 25k+ | Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30DOHC - E30 DOHC Swap All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: