Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help needed with ignition noise on satellite radi installati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandmufti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: help needed with ignition noise on satellite radi installati Reply with quote

Problem with engine noise interference: satellite radio.

I have 2 E46 BMWs each with DICE IPOD integration which works just fine. I added Sirius Starmate 5 satellite radio. It feeds through the DICE IPOD integration. Button 5 on the BMW radio toggles between the IPOD and Aux 1, the satellite radio. One vehicle has no issues with interference of any kind. The other has engine noise interference that changes frequency with engine rpms. The noise exists even when the satellite radio is turned off provided button 5 selects Aux 1, the satellite radio. I added the below noise filter which makes no difference whatsoever. Any suggestions.

PIE 5 AMP In-Line Power Lead Noise Filter
PART NUMBERS NF-5

If you are experiencing engine noise interference in your vehicle that changes pitch or frequency as you accelerate, this may be the solution. The NF-12 is an in-line power lead noise filter. It is rated for 5 amps and is recommended on circuits that have one accessories connected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: