Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new blower resister/one bent prong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: new blower resister/one bent prong Reply with quote

I put a new blower resister in but noticed one slightly bent prong. But put it in anyway. Fan works now but there is a slight noise at the beginning but after all is well. Should I take it out and straighten it or leave it??? How does a blower resister really work, how does it make the blower blow air?
MJ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also to mention I pulled the air vent down so I could get to the resistor but had a hard time snapping it back in place any ideas on how to? It blows fine but was wandering if its not held firmly in place?
PJK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the blower is running on all speeds you don't need to worry about the bent pin. The resistor is there to drop the voltage to the blower at the slower speeds.

The noise you are getting could be from the duct work not being properly secured. It is a pain. You just have to get down there and look. If you broke some of the plastic parts J&B Weld is your friend.

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: