The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.
Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Location: Albany, NY
|Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:34 pm Post subject: FS: 2000 M5
|For sale my 2000 M5 Royal Red with Caramel Extended Leather interior.
(extended leather package - dashboard and some other stuff is covered with leather)
Currently located in Albany, NY
Acceptable forms of payment: cash, paypal, bank check.
Reason for selling: buying E90 M3.
Here's the info:
I bought it in September 2007 with 75K miles. The car now has 110K miles.
Heated seats, sport button, stability control all the good stuff
Comes with 2 sets of wheels:
1. 4 rear stock rims 18x9.5 - no tires on them
2. Sport Edition 17x8 with Blizzak WS-60
Has all the options according to the dealer spec sheet including fold down rear set with ski bag and rear PDC.
This car was originally sold in North Carolina and then sold again as a CPO in North Carolina.
I am the third owner.
I have all the service records on the car since new.
At one point in it's life there were some Dinan intakes installed on it, but I got the car with without them.
I did no track events with this car.
Instrument cluster was replaced in 2005, no dead pixels.
Here's the list of repairs and maintenance that I have done on the car since I've owned it.
- Oil and filter changes every 5K miles with BMW/Castrol 10w-60 oil
- Brand new BMW floor mats (October 2007)
- Replaced self dimming rear view mirror with brand new BMW unit (January 2008).
- Brand new rear brake pads - Hawk HPS (August 2009)
- Brand new front brake pads - Hawk HPS (September 2008)
- Installed european front brake cooling ducts (September 2008) and modified front mesh grill to let the air in the ducts.
- Replaced plastic splash shields around front wheels with european units and front under tray. New from BMW (September 2008)
- Rebuilt both Vanos units: all new seals, gaskets, solenoid boards (May 2009)
- Replaced Vanos solenoid seals with upgraded seals from DrVanos (May 2009)
- Replaced all 4 camshaft position sensors and gaskets (May 2009)
- Replaced gas tank vent valve (May 2009)
- Replaced thermostat, coolant (BMW), spark plugs, filters (air, oil, cabin air), valve cover gaskets, valve cover bolt gaskets, intake seals, accessory belt, adjusted the timing (May 2009)
- Replaced rubber grommets that hold oil filter housing and PS reservoir (May 2009)
- Replaced oil filler cap with new BMW unit, had some silly AL piece with ///M emblem on it that was leaking (May 2009)
- Dealer reprogrammed ECU with the latest updates after the installation of new parts (May 2009)
- Brand new battery from Autozone - direct fit. (October 2009)
- Replaced all 3 PS hoses with seals and washers - new from BMW (May 2009)
- Changed both MAFs with VW inserts (May 2009)
Things that need attention:
1. Front passenger side cupholder is broken
2. Rear PDC isn't functioning. As I was doing repairs on the motor I had the battery disconnected. When I reconnected the power PDC was inop...
3. Clutch is slipping. Needs new one.
4. Leather is wearing on front seats.
More pictures here:
Various repairs and garage shots:
Feel free to contact me via PM on this board, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (available via PM)
Couple of quick pics:
||All times are GMT - 5 Hours
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group