Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z3 Instrument Cluster/Panel Removal Procedure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elchinero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Z3 Instrument Cluster/Panel Removal Procedure Reply with quote

I have the "Tork" tool to remove the two (2) upper screws but the panel (then) does not "want" to fall, tilt, or come out of the dash. There are not pry locations as the face plate is highly recessed ... is there a trick?

(The fuel level and T(H2O) guages are erratic: 0%, 100%, or "true" ... it was suggested by a noted BMW wrench/shop in Escondido (CA) that (a) connector might be slightly lose: thus acccess to the back of the panel is appropriate ... or not?)
Bluesters

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just changed the odometer bulbs in my car and had to remove the instrument panel.

Here's a trick:
Once you take the 2 screws out, get a pair of needle nose plyers and grab onto the screw clips where the screws came from and gently tug.
The dash will come right.
elchinero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good CheeZe! I am just being careful ... you never know until its done.

OK, there are three (3) wiring harness connectors on the back side ... of a type that I have never seen (before now). I am reluctant, once again, to wildly and blindly squeeze or pry what LOOK like saddle retainers.
How can DQ these connectors?
Thx in advance ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: