Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E32 heater controls fan speed only works on max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
g8gik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: E32 heater controls fan speed only works on max Reply with quote

Hi there,
My 730 is an E32, I think. The fan speed control [the old type with three knobs, two for temperature and the fan control in the middle] has never worked properly since we bought the 730 second hand.
More of a problem is that the heated rear window and heated front screen have recently stopped working (athough the yellow led lights were coming on on the heater controls) So I thought I'd better try and fix it.

Diagnosing the fault is tricky when you don't have any circuit diagrams, but I thought, heck I'm an electronic engineer - I can check that voltages are in the right place. Well I took the heater contol panel apart, wasn't too happy with the translucent pink coating that stops my votmeter probes making contact and I thought that the 12V wasn't getting thru'.
In fact it was the board coating stopping the meter probes touching metal on the board.

Somewhere along the line I have done something, because now it's worse.
The green lights don't come on and the motors that open and close the air contol flaps don't do their friendly whirring noises.

Any Ideas ???
regards J.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: