Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parking distance control

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doggydaily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: parking distance control Reply with quote

hi all new member here can anybody help me when i select reverse on my 330i i am just getting a continous beep for a few seconds and then nothing reversing sensors are not detecting anything behind the car.

any help greatly appreciated thanx.
macca

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
It sounds as though you have a PDC sensor out. You can check if they are all working by doing the following:-
Turn your ignition on and engage reverse gear. Then, go round the back of your car and put your ear close to one of the sensors. If it is working OK, you will hear a faint 'clicking' noise - if it is silent then it has probably malfunctioned. If you repeat this for each sensor you will find if one of them is the cause.

I also had a problem like this, turned out one sensor had broken, and also the wiring loom got too close to the exhaust and got toasted !!

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: