Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to remove console

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJC660

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: How to remove console Reply with quote

I just bought a 2003 330I and am interested in making a custom Skype radio mounting bracket. The intention is to have the Skype radio retract and slide back into the accessory compartment and remain hidden once the pivoting door is closed.

I do not have a manual (like the Bentley I have for my 1996 328IS) but I want to remove the accessory compartment that is located below my radio - and just above the ashtray/light compartment.

I cannot seem to upload or attach a photo here so I hope my explantation is adequate.

I don't see any hidden releases (like on the '96) or fasteners to remove and am looking for some directions on this.

If I ever get this cool retractable pullout slide done - I will post a location of photos in case anyone else want to try this.

Thanks to all in advance.

1996 328IS
2003 330I

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
edjack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is a blank panel, it may be removable by pushing on it from behind - it may be held in via spring clips.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
TJC660

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: How to remove console Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The console is actually not a blank panel - but a storage compartment with a small door that rotates down and latches in place.

I think I will need to hit the dealer up for the answer on this.

Thanks again

1996 328IS
2003 330I
Mark_h

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just open the flap, then press against the outside of the inner compartment and pull it out. It's just tight. Do not be tempted to pull on the flap or you'll pull it off.

No screws, no hidden catches just a rubber ridge that grips on teh main housing. Gentle pressure will get it out.
TJC660

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: console removal Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Mark_H.

It was tight but it did come out as you mentioned.

I just installed an Input Aux Jack allowing me to connect both MP3 and/or Ipods to my car stereo. It works great. I got the info at www.my330i.com. T he installation instructions were easy to follow and it actually works flawlessly......nice to get a win every once in a while.

1996 328IS
2003 330I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: