Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unit Investment Trust (UIT)

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
board_nerd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Unit Investment Trust (UIT) Reply with quote

The investment advisors at my bank are encouraging me to push money urrently liquid in a Money Market account into a UIT. Anybody have experience with or thoughts about UITs? Thanks in advance

'93 325is | '84 318i | '83 320i
'74 2002 (deceased)
JRS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a yield perspective a UIT may be more promising than a typical MM account. But keep in mind that UITs are not consistent. Think of it as "Last years TASR isn't todays TASR".

Ask your investment advisors what their cost is for you to get in and get out of UITs using their services. Then ask them for which UITs they recommend and then ask them for the UITs performance last year.

Investing is like gambling but it all boils down to your threshold for financial-pain. Let your age determine your pain-threshold. If you're young, try UITs. If you're old, stick to consistent yields even though they aren't sky high.

JRS

Is your cup half full or half empty ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: