Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fan running too quickly on lowest setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
<Rick>

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Fan running too quickly on lowest setting Reply with quote

I own a 1989 535i, which has run perfectly all its life! Recently the climate control stopped and the dealer replaced a relay. The climate control now works, but when the fan dial is set to the lowest level (marked by a "0") the fan runs at a medium level where you can hear the fan running - rather than a lower level which you cannot hear. The dealer says this is normal, however, for over 10 years I have enjoy slight air movement without noise. I think the relay must have a lower resistance; and therefore, the fan runs more quickly. The dealer denies this. Does anybody know if there is a fix I can insist on or do I have to live with the noisier level? Thank you

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Fan running too quickly on lowest setting Reply with quote

You probably need to replace the resistor pack that the fan motor uses. If it's like the 3 series, you can replace it without much trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> How to use this BB, FAQ All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: