Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love Mercedes Tour (potential blasphemy)

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Love Mercedes Tour (potential blasphemy) Reply with quote

http://www.lovemercedestour.com

I got a flyer in the mail a few days ago asking me if I’d like to take a Mercedes for a spin at Road Atlanta…not really interested in a Mercedes now – but figured if they were going to give me the chance to “beat the crap” out of a car on a race track…Why not?

After I got done registering at the link above, the web page asked me if I’d like to include a friend..so I did…My point is, I think anyone who wants to sign up can do this, and it's a nationwide tour.

I know, I know…this is a BMW board, but if you’re interested – check it out...gotta love a freebie.
JRS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Love Mercedes Tour (potential blasphemy) Reply with quote

I went to the one held at the Texas Motor Speedway. Nice setup. Sweet cars. They take a C32 and pit it against an M3... professional drivers, of course. And since it's a Merc-party, guess which one wins.

They let you test drive the C-class. Drive the C280. It's the faster of the bunch. They listen for squeeling tires (drifting) and politely ask those folks to leave. There was an 'all-season' course depicting the different seasons and a "with the pro-driver course" where he takes you on a 0-100mph run and actually talks to you during the 2 minute ride. He tells you of all of features and does a minor drift on the turns. If you flinch in the first 5-10 seconds, he slows down. If you don't, he pushes the C32 to high limits.
The food is fantastic. Very uptown. I used my usual motto: "If it's free, give it to me. If I have to pay, take it away".

Go for the thrill. Expect to be there for 1-1.5 hours (depending on the line of people).

JRS
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Love Mercedes Tour (potential blasphemy) Reply with quote

Is it a "hard sell"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: