Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did markf go to Iraq yet???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

The kick isn't bad. Its kinda like rough sex.. you just need to control all the jumping around.
Up to 50 yards, I can keep a reasonably tight pattern.. but full auto out to 100 yards is useless.. the spread must be around 10 yards in diameter. Spray and pray.
I came here as an IT engineer.. hehehe..
Im gonna add to my resume.."Extreme IT"
In the next interview, when tey ask me if I can work under pressure, Im gonna ask them if the company next door has ever been shelled.. And afterwards, did they feel they were gonna be next.?

Since the handover, its a little early to tell.. but it does seem just a tad quieter.
need a few more days to be certain.
Rhamagan was shelled the 2 days ago, but nothing since.(they're next door)

[ 06-29-2004: Message edited by: markf ]

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
SaturdayNightBimmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Oh no, the pool shot is gone! Hope you have your kevlar vest on in there. Keep us posted bro! Wonder how Gerda is doing??
markf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Adrift at the 'Buck Club'. (Members only)

]

[ 07-01-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
MattB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

damn... i'm in Florida and I don't even have a pool to swim in. Maybe i'll come over to iWaq to live it up!

Was that a real Kalish or a knockoff you got to fire? Man,,, if only you could bring some of that good stuff back... the money you could make... sheesh. Hell, I'd almost trade an e30 for a real full-auto Kalish.

Keep us posted. Keep your head down. Put on sunscreen.
markf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:49 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Kalish..? Gosh.. I didnt even look. It sure ain't a norinco.

Heres todays demilling 'Danger Close'.. best one yet.. Gawd! The ground under my feet must have fell away 3 inches.. Outstanding..!!

OH YEA... Fresh Pics at the Gulag: Ordnance pics

[ 07-01-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Did we build these ammo magazines or where they already there? Field ASPs usually don't look that, what shall I say...permanent.

Gotta love the black tips (AP rounds).

Often called "Mighty Mouse" (2.75" HEDP)

A lot of the ammo you have pictures of looks like Grade III ammo sitting on a hard-stand getting ready for a burn. Some of it I don't recognize, like the 57mm, 90mm, and the AAA stuff.

I've never seen these before either:

What are they? Some sort of newer mine field clearing ordinance?
markf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Those ASPs are perminent, and were built by a German company. (from what I've been told)

The strange looking pregnant cigars are missiles. The bulge is the motor. They are cased in their metel shipping containers.
There are far more than just these.. there must be 500 of them here on this ASP, with more being brought in.

It sure would be fun to have a BBQ, and shoot some of this stuff, instead of blowing it all up, 20 tons at a time... what a waste of large plinking ammo.. heheh.

It'd just be a hoot to back off a kilometer, get a grill and some cold ones, and entertain oneself trying to bullseye one of the many abandond shacks out here, with motar.. or just dismantle it with AA fire. GAWD... take your pick.. the crap is just everywhere..

You seem to know this field. Care to give us some background?

[ 07-09-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

I've spent some time in the ammo field.
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Las Pulgas ASP, Camp Pendleton
NWS Fallbrook, CA
NWS Charleston, SC
Polaris Facility, Goose Creek, SC
Henokoville ASP, Camp Schwab, Okinawa
a couple of field ops @ 29Palms, CA

My time in the Marines was a mostly enjoyable. I didn't have the most glamorous job, but I stayed very busy and very eager to learn. I was one of very few Class V ground ordinance guys who was able to get out of the basic shell and experience a multitude of not only ground ord, but also air, sea, and nuc ordinance (mostly Navy/USMC ordinance). I spent a lot of my 'off' time with varying 'using units' simply to learn not only how they expend the ammo, but how they dealt with the handling of their ammo and their documentation proceedures. Basically, I understood the local picture and wanted to learn about the global picture. Although I've technically been out of the ammo field for 12 years (has it been that long?), I still keep relatively up to date through several aquaintances and provide opinions/facts for articles in the DOD's Ammunition Quarterly magazine.

Back to your excitement: There is nothing like assisting those psycho EOD boys prepare for a burn. If you are able to befriend any of them, do it; but, always listen to what they have to say. They can show you some very impressive and cool tricks with comp B, C4, PETN, and RDX. One salty old EOD'er showed me how to blow the water out of a drinking glass without damaging the glass.

I saw your AK video. It gave me goose bumps of fond almost forgotten memories. If you get to fire anything "American", the SAW is good, MP5 is fun, M60 is better, .50 is awesome, and MK19 is unbelievable. Keep your ears open during the night and you might hear the low hum of a chain gun from a Spectre or Spooky. It is a very distinctive sound and you'll definitely know what it is when you hear it.

Keep your head down and your boots close.

edit--
Quote from CWO3 Evans (EOD), late 1991, : "Shaping charges is da bomb."

[ 07-09-2004: Message edited by: RedBaron86325 ]

[ 07-15-2004: Message edited by: RedBaron86325 ]
markf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Did markf go to Iraq yet??? Reply with quote

Wow.. Baron. Why aren't you with EODT..? Their making a vulgar amount of money over here. Their contract was not renewed though.. so they are on the way out at the end of August.
ECC has been awarded the contract, and they will be coming in shortly..
They hired some of the EODT boys.. but the vast majority of them are headed home.

You should have seen what they did for the fourth of July.

Your right.. Wild-ass crazy bastards.
Gotta love 'em.

[ 07-09-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: