Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamminjames

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model Reply with quote

If yer interested... New Dayton Tire from Bridgestone/Firestone that is worth considering. Nearly the same as the Potenza but for less the price.

And, to brag a bit, I developed the PLC program for the machine that builds these tires...

Maybe next time around for Tasha...

Press release as follows:

quote:
Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire Announces New Dayton Daytona ZR

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 2, 2004) - Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC (BFNT) has announced the introduction of a new high performance Dayton Daytona® ZR tire line.

The new Daytona ZR features UNI-Tâ technology found only in Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and select associate brand tires. UNI-T and the tire’s directional tread pattern allow for better wet and dry traction. The Daytona ZR is H- and W-Speed rated, with a rim guard on 55 series and lower. Twenty sizes, from 16” to 20” diameter and 35 to 60 series, are featured.

The new sizes, available June 1, are listed below: (* sizes available late 2004.)

60 Series 45 Series

225/60R16 98 W BW 215/45R17 87 W BW
285/60R18 116 H BW * 225/45R17 91 W BW
235/45R17 94 W BW
55 Series 245/45R17
95 W BW
205/55R16 91 W BW 255/45R17
98 W BW
225/55R16 95 W BW
P275/55R20 111 H BW * 40 Series

205/40R17 80 W BW
50 Series 245/40R17
91 W BW
225/50R16 92 W BW 275/40R17
98 W BW
245/50R16 97 W BW 225/40R18
88 W BW
215/50R17 91 W BW 245/40R18
93 W BW

35 Series

215/35R18 XL 84 W BW *
255/35R20 93 W BW

The Daytona ZR comes with the 100% Free Replacement Limited Warranty, which provides replacement at no charge (excluding applicable taxes) if the tire should become unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control for three years from date of purchase or four years from date of manufacture, whichever occurs first. It also has the 30-Day Test Drive guarantee, allowing a consumer to receive a full refund if he or she is not pleased with the tire for any reason within 30 days of purchase.

Nashville-based Bridgestone Firestone North American Tire, LLC, is a subsidiary of Bridgestone Americas Holding, Inc., whose parent company, Bridgestone Corporation, is the world’s largest tire and rubber company. BFNT develops, manufactures, and markets Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and associate and private brand tires. The company is focused on wholesale and original equipment markets, supplying passenger, light truck, commercial vehicle, off-road, agricultural and other tires to its customers in North America.

For a downloadable image of the Daytona ZR tire, please visit: http://www.bridgestoneamericas.com/images/news/2004images/DaytonaZR2004.jpg

And I get 35% off with free mounting and balancing... Let me know if you're interested.

Just FYI,

James

[ 06-10-2004: Message edited by: JamminJames ]
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model Reply with quote

James,

Good work! It does have a pretty cool tread design. I found 2 different ones. It appears to only come in 16" and up, is that correct? I loved the potenza's when I had them. I'm pretty satisfied with the Falkens I have right now but next go around...I might give these a go. Here's a pic.

Bill

--------------------

patrick66

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model Reply with quote

James, I'm going to be looking for some 14's for the ragtop real soon. It's on the north side getting worked on now!
MattB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model Reply with quote

he he he.

can you get me anything special down here in Florida? HA!

Slick skins.
jamminjames

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: New Bridgestone/Firestone/Dayton Tire Model Reply with quote

Bill:
Yea, your right - only 16" and up. Here at the OKC plant we make the 16" and 17", the others are made in Wilson, NC. We're tooling up to make a variety of the larger sizes up to 20".

Patrick:
I may still be able to work out a deal for the tranny swap if yer still interested. If not, I'll get you the discount whenever you're ready. Just let me know...

Matt:
I can get you the tires for the discount, but the shipping would probably negate the difference. Like I said, I have to be in the store with company ID for the purchase. If you have a paticular model/size in mind, let me know and I'll look into it.

It's a good tire - I think Tasha will like them next time around...

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: