Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M Cars loose the manual option from the next series

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
calypso1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

No more manual gearboxes for the next series of M cars, just SMG. http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&c at_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04130259
That sucks.

[ 06-03-2004: Message edited by: calypso1 ]
board_nerd

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

bogus link

Quote:
Article (04130259That) not currently available

edit: remove the 'That sucks' from the end of the URL and it works. Interesting that BMW would move to F1 paddle shifters when F1, if I understand correctly, is moving away from them and back to the traditional clutch

[ 06-02-2004: Message edited by: board_nerd ]
calypso1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

fixed
dale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=04130259
donaldan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

It is progress, man!

It also shows how we, the old folks (I am talking about myself) need to maintain a youthful spirit and accept "innovations." Otherwise, time is going to pass us by.
Bavarian Weedeater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

at first i diddnt like it...but now i realize all it shows is BMW is the sh!t i love technology, i cant wait to get my hands on a car with a CVT and see how those go...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
calypso1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

Im not old I'm 22. And i have driven with sequencial boxes before and they are just boring. I manual box with a clutch it much more fun, sure for the other cars i understand, but for the M cars its not right. Not even as an option? Pure Driving Pleasure my ass. They are making the engines too powerful and too fragile, thats why.
xxg00chxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: M Cars loose the manual option from the next series Reply with quote

I think that BMW is going to find out very quickly that this is a BIG MISTAKE. Most M-drivers are purists, and to not even offer the option is to commit sales suicide. Watch bim's sales drop another 15% this year...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: