Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lamborghini Gallardo police car!!

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnSlim

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

"Traffic police patrolling a motorway in southern Italy have a tough decision to take: who will get to drive the force's first Lamborghini Gallardo?

The gift from Lamborghini has been unveiled in all its blue and white glory, marked with the word "Polizia".

With a top speed of 309km/h (192mph), it should have the edge in any chase on the Salerno-Reggio Calabria motorway. ..."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3717471.stm
JRS

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

Wow. Cool. Our US highway troopers with their Vette's and Vipers are jealous.

But they will be using it for a good thing:

"However, the car is just as likely to be used for emergency deliveries such as human organs for transplant."..

Who ever signs up for the delivery will get there fast with the hopes of crashing near the endpoint. The ambulance drops in and finds a fresh organ donor (the driver of the crashed Gallardo). The organ recipient is charged an extra US$175,000 for 'delivery' charges...

Ha ha.. ok, bad joke.

But it looks like the Russion-method is still cost effective... and EFFECTIVE. They may also get their organ donor depending on the speed of the car while the tire was blown out.

JRS

[ 05-17-2004: Message edited by: JRS ]
graha13836

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

The Florida Highway Patrol has prided themselves over the years in showing off the drug confiscations. At one point, the Trooper who made the bust got to drive the car for 1 year. I was driving through Orlando several years ago when a fully marked Ferrari Testarosa went buzzing buy me. For some reason that Cop had a huge smile on his face.
board_nerd

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

Quote:
The Florida Highway Patrol has prided themselves over the years in showing off the drug confiscations. At one point, the Trooper who made the bust got to drive the car for 1 year. I was driving through Orlando several years ago when a fully marked Ferrari Testarosa went buzzing buy me

How old are you? Were you an extra in 'Miami Vice'?
JRS

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 5:35 am    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

Rico ? or Tubbs ?

JRS
TnSlim

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

Back in the late 70’s, the sheriff in Ringgold County, Georgia, bought Pontiac Trans Ams –- complete with a little massaging from Herb Adams -– for his deputies. It’s a sparsely populated county in a very hilly area at the foot of the Appalachians. As I remember the story, they were having problems catching bootleggers on those back roads and thought the TAs would fare better in the twisties.

On a trip back from Atlanta, I took a detour and stopped in Ringgold for a look-see. They were all white -– no chicken -– and only some of them even had a star on the door. The blue light was on the dash. I was driving a ’70 Ford wagon with a 400 ci 2bbl, so I did not put them to the test.
jcrim

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Lamborghini Gallardo police car!! Reply with quote

On a less cool tangent, I've seen bicycle cops here in Austin who have super expensive Trek road bikes (like Lance Armstrong rides) rather than the basic moutain bike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: