Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Portland Racing 5/9

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

If you are in or near Portland OR, consider coming down to Portland Intl Raceway (off of I5, north of Portland, look for signs).
Sunday afternoon is the actual racing. Many BMWs will be out including my white E30 325i.

Dale
dale

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

I got to Portland late on Saturday, due to other commitments. Sunday weather was fantastic, and the Unofficialbmw.com racing team was victorious again!

No trees got in the way this time, just one pokey E30, I tapped him in the rear and bumped him out of the way... Ok, not intentionally, and sinced the bumpers were the same, and at the same height, it was a minimal issue.

Next race, May 18/19 at Pacific Raceways in Kent WA. http://www.icscc.com http://www.irdc-racing.com http://www.pacificraceways.com

Dale
JRS

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
..one pokey E30, I tapped him in the rear and bumped him out of the way... Ok, not intentionally, and sinced the bumpers were the same, and at the same height, it was a minimal issue.
Rubbins' racin'... right ?

JRS
dale

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

Depends on the series if rubbin is allowed. In our series, if it's a minor, unintentional contact, it's taken as 'that's racing'. If it's a stupid somewhat major contact, the offender may be fined $50.
Not sure what happens if more major...haven't seen it yet.

Dale
JRS

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
Not sure what happens if more major...haven't seen it yet.
Well, I hope you're never in one (as either the receiver or giver).

JRS
McK

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

How much damage do the cars typically sustain over a full season of WTW racing? Does it vary from region to region?
dale

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

It varies from driver to driver! Seriously, it's all in the control of the driver. If you don't want to take any risks in getting hit, just let that car on your tail past at the first opportunity, and you'll have a very very small chance of getting damage.

But you'll also never win a race.

One guy with a black Z06 corvette, has a roll cage and other safety gear in it, just comes out and putters around the race track.
He drives the car to and from the races, and just gets in my way on the track.

He want's to drag race down the straight, gee 500hp beats 180hp, what a suprise, then drives like a pokey old man through the corners.

I could have avoided every incident I've been in at the track. Ones of my goals for the year is to not be in any more incidents.
Time will tell if I stick to that or not.

Dale
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Portland Racing 5/9 Reply with quote

He's workin' on replacing that crumpled fender. Damn my slow hands for not getting what would have been one of the best pictures of my amateur career today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: