Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Trip

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robsure71

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Road Trip Reply with quote

Ok Folks,
I am heading east to help my son move to VA. We will be the Black Hills and heading through Omaha. My choice is I-80 through Chicago, Studebaker Museum, etc to PA and South, or turn south when I reach IL. Any suggestions?
We leave Sunday.
Thanks,
McK

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Road Trip Reply with quote

My brother drove from Chicago to the Outer Banks (NC) last year. He took 90 over to Cleveland and somehow worked his way over to 76 and then to 70. This took him right across to Baltimore, he said it was pretty quick actually. A quick look at the map, 80 looks even more convenient than 90.

So I guess I'm recommending you head east from chicago, and not south. Have a safe drive!
donaldan

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Road Trip Reply with quote

From the cost point of view, turning south around Chicago is a better bet. That way, you can avoid the long stretches of the Indiana Toll Road and the Ohio Turnpike. Along the line of cost saving, there is a Flying J station south of Chicago, at Gary, Indiana that has low price on gas. I remember something like Grant Street, Exit 9A on I-80. You can also log onto Flying J web site to compare gas prices around the country. Enjoy your drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: