Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do you love these cars
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YK2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Why do you love these cars Reply with quote

I got my E30 325i in 97 and it was my daily driver for 3 1/2 years, during which I added a big bore throttle body, extrude hone manifold, had the head ported&polished added al higher lift/ longer duration cam, Headers, exaust, and a chip, and Fiske 17' wheels with toyo proxes T1-s. I also had a custom two-tone leather interior installed. I realized that it was time to take it off the road in 2000, so I leased a 2001 330cic. Great car, but I still loved my E30. After a year I realized this was not a good daily driver, so I purchased a 2002 VW Jetta TDI. And in 2003 I returned my 330cic. During the time the E30 was in the garage I added a Zender body kit, HID's smoke taillights, and had the whole car repainted. I have also taken the E30 to about 5 BMW CCA driver schools.

While I had the 330cic it was in the shop ALL THE TIME, and I had the chance to drive many brand new BMW's from 325xi's to 525's 540i's even the new 7 for a day.
These were all great cars, but they were missing something my E30 had. most were fast, had great handling, but that old E30 has something un-quantifiable to it.

Maybe in a few years when I’m done with the jetta I’ll get another new BMW, but concerning my E30, I know I’ll never give it up!!!

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited by: YK2 ]
JRS

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:46 am    Post subject: Why do you love these cars Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by YK2:
.. During the time the E30 was in the garage I added a Zender body kit, HID's smoke taillights, and had the whole car repainted. ..
Whoa... be sure to drive it at least 4-5 times a month to keep the t-belt pliable. My friend is about to change a t-belt on one of his E30's because it's been sitting for over 6-months.

JRS
B Trusty

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Why do you love these cars Reply with quote

This is my 3rd Bimmer since 1994 (one E21, 2 E30's). They are hard to break, and when they do , they are easy to fix, and they don't break again. They were ahead of their time. They were trendsetters. Japanese automakers created new car lines to attract BMW owners (Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infiniti, Honda/Acura). My current E30 is an automatic 84 eta, but my 84 318 was a 5-speed slice of heaven. I love these cars, and I think my girlfriend is starting to "feel' them too. I may have to get her one for her birthday (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
YK2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Why do you love these cars Reply with quote

quote:
Whoa... be sure to drive it at least 4-5 times a month to keep the t-belt pliable. My friend is about to change a t-belt on one of his E30's because it's been sitting for over 6-months.
JRS

i try to drive it at least once a month, twice a week in the summer, but during the winter it's much harder to do...actually I have not taken it out since the begining of December...but it's supposed to be in the mid 50's this week end

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited by: YK2 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: