Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cruises... the "ship" kind...

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Cruises... the "ship" kind... Reply with quote

Before November 21, 2003 I had never been on a cruise. Before I even stepped on the boat, I had already plunked down a sizable chunk of money (enough to buy me another E30). We sailed on the Carnival Cruise Line - Paradise. One of two ships that are 100% non-smoking. Two weeks before the cruise, they had sent me my boarding tickets. Everything is detailed on the boarding tickets - even the suggested daily tips for the Steward and Head Waiter. Now that got me even more upset - talking about tips before I even stepped foot on the boat.
We flew (from TX) to Miami, FL and boarded the boat. Non-event to that point. Then 'heaven' came the minute I stepped unto the boat. Everything but sodas, alcoholic beverages, and 'specialty foods' was FREE. One day I ordered three (3) lobster tails and a steak for dinner - no extra costs, no extra charges. My family members exercised the heck out of the in-room service folks (and I tipped them well for doing so). I ended up spending MORE money on the "ship-n-sail" card (which tallied the spa treatments, shore excursions, duty free shopping, etc). I wasn't upset at the costs incurred - because I now know what it is about cruises and why people go.
Now, my question for this board is directed toward people who have gone on cruises. I met several people on the boat and they mentioned cruises to Alaska, in Hawaii, to Nova Scotia, etc. I just want to see if anyone has had experience going on a cruise that ports at Galvestion, TX. Carnival Cruise lines has a few boats but is Norweigan or Celebrity-X better ? I have to admit that their boats are bigger.

Just another off-BMW-topic on the Lounge...

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Cruises... the "ship" kind... Reply with quote

Ahhh.. the Laments of the wealthy elite.

Cant help ya, 'darlink'.. but has anybody been to 'Atlantis Paradise Island' in the Bahamas ..?
Im seriously looking at plunking down a chunk
for a week there, this summer.
The price Im getting for a week, is more than the cost of a cruise. Perhaps I should reconsider.
JRS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Cruises... the "ship" kind... Reply with quote

We cruised right by the Atlantis during our "Swim the Stingrays" excursion. Nice digs. And you only live once - so go have fun and soak up some serious Bahama sunshine.

If it looks great from the outside, it makes me wonder how magnificient it is on the inside.

Everyone deserves to treat themselves now and then. Just make sure you don't over-spend or spend money you don't have. The last thing to do is to keep paying for a trip that is now only a memory....

JRS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: