Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snowing in Seattle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graha13836

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

I will be happy to take the snow.. You can always put on more clothes, you can only get so naked when its 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity.. Yall know it can be 100% humidity and no visible moisture except all over your body.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
JRS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cephas:
..(snip).. I live in Inverness. ..(snip)... But remember how people in Chicago drive in the rain? 30ft of snow and they'd still be going too fast, but a little rain and everyone freaks out. It's funny. ..(snip)..
I know exactly where Inverness is located. I have relatives who live in Carol Stream, Bloomingdale, Naperville, Hoffman Estates, Skokie, Niles, Glen Ellyn, and the list goes on. I purposely don't tell anyone I am visiting for fear that everyone will want me to eat at their house. One time I at lunch three (3) times: 11:00am in Skokie, 12:00pm in Niles, and drove fast to get to my Uncles in Bloomingdale for 1:00pm. Eventually they all found out what I did. It's good to have family. I miss Chicago - but not the snow or temperature.

Yes, I clearly remember that RAIN made Chicagoans drive 10-15 mph below the speed limit. But they sure can manuever through snow and tack-on an additional 5-10mph OVER the speed limit. The guy with the best traction is the one behind the blue-colored Chicago saltspreader truck. Just make sure it's Ziebart protected...

Anyone else know what "Ziebart" is ??? My age is showing...

JRS
markf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

Here's the view from my driveway...

dale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

moving to Lounge.
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
JRS, Cool. Then you're likely familiar with Schaumburg and Palatine and Hoffman Estates? I live in Inverness.

Hey, I know where you live. I was born in Evanston and lived the seminal years of my life in downtown Chicago, north side.

So it felt like a normal winter for the first time in a while.

This was where it was when I left work yesterday, but the right tires do make all of the difference. Even on the sheet ice in Bellevue, she handled fine... it's somewhat satisfying to pass a pickup that's stuck on its way up a hill. Especially when it happens twice.

JRS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Roadstergal:
..(snip)..I was born in Evanston and lived the seminal years of my life in downtown Chicago, north side.

So it felt like a normal winter for the first time in a while...(snip)..

Evanston... Northwestern Campus, Turin Bike Shop, and access to (LSD) Lake Shore Drive all the way to Oak Street Beach.

The snow in Bellevue may not come as a surprise but have you become accustomed to the rainy season ?

JRS
Cephas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JRS:
I know exactly where Inverness is located.(snip)(I like the snip idea!)I purposely don't tell anyone I am visiting for fear that everyone will want me to eat at their house. One time I at lunch three (3) times: 11:00am in Skokie, 12:00pm in Niles, and drove fast to get to my Uncles in Bloomingdale for 1:00pm.(snip)
Yes, I clearly remember that RAIN made Chicagoans drive 10-15 mph below the speed limit. Just make sure it's Ziebart protected...

Anyone else know what "Ziebart" is ??? My age is showing...

JRS

Jeez. I'm glad you survived those three lunches! Sounds like a little nap was in order after the last one. I know what Ziebart is. The "Tidy Car" company. They did the undercoating of my moms van when she first bought it. It's strange, but apparently most new cars don't come with undercoating....you have to add it on or buy it yourself later on. I also have relatives in almost all those towns. Oh, and Northwestern may be recieving an application from me in a few years for grad school. I have a few freinds that go there, beautiful campus...

JRS, Have you ever eaten at/ remember Gene and Judes hot dogs?
Roadstergal
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JRS:
The snow in Bellevue may not come as a surprise but have you become accustomed to the rainy season ?

I actually like rain - I find it relaxing and refreshing. What gets me is how absurdly short the days are in the winter - 9am sunrise, 3:30 it's going down? Also, there are no thunderstorms here. It just rains. I miss roiling purple clouds, enormous raindrops, and ligntning...
JRS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

quote:
..(snip)..JRS, Have you ever eaten at/ remember Gene and Judes hot dogs?

Nope. I have eaten there. I do remember Wally's in Park Ridge. Great Chicago-style dawgs! I made a Chicago-style dawg (pickle, relish, ketchup, mustard, hot peppers, and onions) in Texas and people looked at me funny.
And I miss the Gyros in Greek-town. There's only one place near me that serves "gyros" - or at least thats what they call it.

JRS
scball1205

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:45 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

I miss the snow.. I orginally lived in West Virginia, where we got enough snow to know it was winter.. Here in South Carolina, when we get a hint of snow.. everything shuts down rather humorous. We dont have thunderstorms here oddly just rain. I miss the thunderstorms
Greenhornet84

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Snowing in Seattle Reply with quote

I drive for a living. I hate snow. 3 years ago we had 2 storms that resulted in 7 hour drives to get home after work (after driving in it all day). Usual time is 40 minites. And on one of those drives did a comp;ete 180 on a 4 lane because the sh.. snow was so deep the 'lil car just floated over it. Nothing happened. the cars behind me managed to stop. We're accostomed to this sh.. snow stuff.
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: