Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Choosing between 3.0 Z3 or 240HP M?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeeew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Choosing between 3.0 Z3 or 240HP M? Reply with quote

Hello all

My woman is buying a Z3 this summer and we are looking at the 240HP M or the 3.0 Z3. We cant afford the 315 M so this is not an option.
Besides looks are there any real differences we would notice between them? Huge differences in power, fuel economy, etc? We plan on the sport package/seats in the 3.0.
Also, will the dual exhaust panel from an M fit on a 3.0, or is there one made? Single exhaust doesnt look right to me.

Thanks

Eric

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
dale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Choosing between 3.0 Z3 or 240HP M? Reply with quote

Since the HP/tq is so close between the Z3 3.0 and the early M, the big differences are the interior style, exterior style, and the suspension. The M suspension will be much stiffer.

My wife fell in love with a '01 Z3 3.0 Coupe, so we bought it. I like the car a lot as well, but would have really preferred the M Coupe due to stiffer suspension.

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: