Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignition lock removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PJK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Ignition lock removal Reply with quote

The lock cylinder in my wife's '93 740i is starting to screw up.

I have tried to remove it using the procedure in Bentley. No luck. Is there a trick which Bentley is telling?

Thanks,

Phil
TommyA

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Ignition lock removal Reply with quote

I just removed the ignition lock in my '89 635. It requires the "ignition lock removal tool," and it's not self-explanatory, for sure. It took me a couple of hours to get it right.

Post back if you still haven't got it, I'll give you my tips on the processes(if they're similar, which I think they are).
PJK

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Ignition lock removal Reply with quote

Thanks Tommy,

I did buy the tool and get the lock out. The new lock is on order.
I hope it solves the problem.

Phil

quote:
Originally posted by TommyA:
I just removed the ignition lock in my '89 635. It requires the "ignition lock removal tool," and it's not self-explanatory, for sure. It took me a couple of hours to get it right.

Post back if you still haven't got it, I'll give you my tips on the processes(if they're similar, which I think they are).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: