Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 goes thump, thump,thump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: 2001 goes thump, thump,thump Reply with quote

Sorry to keep bugging...

notice a funny sound from under the car...when i hit a bump, it feels like thumping metal from the center of the car....seems to happen more when the left rear wheel hits a bump? Shock tower? Bad trannie mount?

This thing is making wish I got a lexus
bmw mick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: 2001 goes thump, thump,thump Reply with quote

try backing up a slight hill, if you here it, it is your drive shaft. or try braking hard at about 65 miles per hr. again it would be your drive shaft. please dont buy that toyota.
panzerkeil302

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: 2001 goes thump, thump,thump Reply with quote

Thanks Ralph, I'll let you know how it goes!
austintyler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: 2001 goes thump, thump,thump Reply with quote

ive naver had any problems like that with my lexus err.. toyota, lexota, toyus, and its a 92. hope you find the problem though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: