Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change from metric to standard american rims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LouBMW635

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Change from metric to standard american rims Reply with quote

I have replaced my E24 BMW metric rims and tires with standard american replacements. I now have a slight space between the rim center mounting hole and the axle mount.
This causes a vibration which cannot be
corrected unless I use a spacer. Does
anyone know if these spacers are available via parts distributers or anywhere.
edjack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Change from metric to standard american rims Reply with quote

BMW wheels are "hub-centric", which means that the wheel is centered by the hub, and not the bolts.

You may find that a spacer will not cure the problem, because the wheel may not have been machined via the center hole.

Go back where you bought the wheels, and demand a solution, or a refund.
edjack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:45 am    Post subject: Change from metric to standard american rims Reply with quote

BTW, the absolute best solution to replacing TRX wheels is to use genuine BMW take-offs. They are generally not expensive (especially compared to the replacement price that BMW charges for new!), and are superior quality to the aftermarket.

Contact ackerwheels.com. They handle only OEM wheels.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: