Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me with a few problems!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smittey16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Help me with a few problems! Reply with quote

Hi, I own an E32 BMW 735i('88) and i have discovered a few problems or things i'd like to fix but dont know how. I want to take off my wood trim to refinish it. I also recently have been smelling a strong sent of gasoline coming from, im guessing, the vents. I am worried and dont know what the problem is, there are no leaks. The final problem I have is needing to know how to take off the passenger door panel in order to fix some stick that prevents me from opening the door from the outside, but allows me to open it from the inside. Thank you for any help or advice you have!

edjack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Help me with a few problems! Reply with quote

Get a copy of the Bentley manual for the car.

Carefully check all fuel hoses in the engine compartment. One or more is leaking under pressure. Don't fool around with this! You could have a vehicular flambe!

The wood pieces are press-fit into sockets. Carefully pry them up with a tongue depressor or a flat wooden stick.

The door panel is snap-fit also. You'll need to remove the arm rest first.
Smittey16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Help me with a few problems! Reply with quote

Hi again, thanks for the advice. It is very helpful. I was wondering though if it was safe to drive my car about 300 miles back home tomorrow from school. I am worried from what you said about not fooling around with the fuel problem. Even though you said there was a leak, how come I never find a leak under the car everytime I check? I'm not sure it an actual gasoline leak. I don't know, you probably know more about it than I do. Looking forward to your reply.
Jonnyrandom

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Help me with a few problems! Reply with quote

I think you missed his point: DON'T DRIVE THE CAR UNTIL YOU'VE CHECKED OUT THE GAS-LEAK SITUATION!

Ahem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 6/7/8 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: