Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E46 TV Activiation while driving

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJM500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

I have an E46 M3 Convertible, and find it frustrating that pasengers can't wantch the TV in the dash while driving. BMW blame the UK law, as this function is possible in the rest of Europe, not sure about US.

They let u watch a Navigation Map on the screen, but not the TV for passengers. I@ve heard there is a code to activate it. Any help would be great.

Thanks

NJM
pcbemma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:05 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

hi NJM Nice to see a uk person here , thats a bummer about the tv screen , i will make some enquires my end for u ,

what part of UK are you in ? Im near Bristol

[ 08-08-2002: Message edited by: pcbimma ]
rld777

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

Before you try to do this, check this article out. http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-0207220002jul22.story?coll=chi%2Dtechnology%2Dhed
NJM500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

PCBEMMA or is it (Emma).

I live in Surrey, about 90 miles from Bristol. Not a huge distance if needed to travel.

Thanks

NJM
NJM500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

thanks for the response, but what am i checking for ??

What story and how long ago ?

Thanks

NJM
pcbemma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

emma lmao ,,,,,,,, i wanted pcbimmer but that was gone

and wots that link all about im abit confuses to ???

u in bmw car club uk NJM ?
NJM500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

Emma,

Hi there, no i'm not in a club. U ? Whats ur story (i mean it in a nice way lol x)

U got a E46 M3 ?

NJM
pcbemma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

I think there is a little confusion NJM my name is Paul i am a guy , not a girl called emma sorry to dissapoint you

LMAO

[ 07-22-2002: Message edited by: pcbemma ]
DaveB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 3:53 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

You nearly scored there Paul!
Isn't the TV de/activated by a switch on the handbrake?
Oh and what does LMAO mean?
pcbemma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:37 am    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

test3

yes it works yippeeeeee thx dave

[ 07-23-2002: Message edited by: pcbemma ]
NJM500

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

Hi there,

Do u mean u have made it workd as u drive along ?? Where is this switch ? and how do u disconnect it ?

Thanks

NJM
DaveB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

No, unfortunately I don't have an in car TV, but as far as I'm aware they all have to be deactivated by a switch on the handbrake. Sort of makes sense really, and is a lot easier to bypass. But at least as far as BMW are concerned I am speculating. If you've heard something about a code that will make it work then I may be wrong, but I reckon the switch is more likely. I'll willingly eat my words though, if you can get it to work another way, I'm sure we'd all be interested to know.
Nice looking car Paul
pcbemma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: E46 TV Activiation while driving Reply with quote

thx Dave ,,,,,,,,,,, oooooo how I missed my BMW,s

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: pcbemma ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: