Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rear subframe mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Carman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2000 7:10 pm    Post subject: rear subframe mounts Reply with quote

Does anyone have any advice on removing and installing those dad-blame subrame mounts! I rented a 5 ton gear puller-no luck. Problem is the bolt coming down from under the back seat. When I start to engage the puller, the car just jacks up. I have read of people punching the bolt out but then what? Can you get it back in or do you have to rig it? PLEASE HELP!

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
brokenbmws

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 4:16 pm    Post subject: rear subframe mounts Reply with quote

I used a threaded rod and a hammer and it popped right out. You might try another jacking point to relieve pressure on the bolt or use an air chisel with a blunt point. The bushings come out rather easily with enough heat applied to make them sizzle all around. Check out the archives on this site as wll as tech articles and at bmwe30.net.

Chuck
dale

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2000 4:17 am    Post subject: rear subframe mounts Reply with quote

There are several articles on this in the following section.

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/suspension/

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: