Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HERESY

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: HERESY Reply with quote

I just helped a friend buy a new second hand car. Her first car ever owned. Additionaly, she recently received her driving license. I am teaching her to drive a car. Literally. However, this post is about heresy…the car itself.
Her funds were limited. She insisted on buying the car for cash only. We're in New Mexico and for $1500 you buy a car that in any state where there is a vehicle inspection a month of shopping would have filled a junk yard and I am serious. So…looking and looking and 2 1/2 weeks ago I returned to a Chevy Impala…2005…that was still on a lot that can best and only be described as a "gasoline alley" location. To find it to know it is a used car lot without a sign but nonetheless state certified…you had to know the shop next door or be a cousin or a cousin of a cousin. We were and are neither. However, I got that full size Chevy for $2500. Put on 2 new tires, repaired a transmission line, installed new front and rear brakes and new wipers…Total investment is $3K. And…here's the most surprising part of this…the Chevy Impala, 2005, 106,000 miles is a freaking gem of a car. It has a 3.4 liter V-6, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, ice cold air, power everything and it is the base model and is straight. Have driven it up to 10,400+ feet, on the Interstate, in town and am teaching my brains out. However, this is about the car…and 16 inch wheels. This vehicle is amazing. GM fuel regulation gives wonderful mileage and the darn thing is so freaking comfortable, the automatic (yes, automatic) is flawless, I am smitten. Up till a few days ago I was a snob. Not anymore. OK…4.5 quarts of oil for a 3.4 liter engine. OK. I'm still a snob. But you've got to drive this Impala to appreciate this Impala.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: