Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mobil 1 synthetic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: mobil 1 synthetic Reply with quote

Thinking about putting mobil 1 synthetic high mileage in my 92 cabrio with 99,990 miles. The mobile 1 website recommends 0w-40. Does that sound right. Was going to run the high mileage oil in there for a few months and then replace with mobil 1 performance. Welcome your recommendations.

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
dt325ic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mobil 1 synthetic Reply with quote

The 0w40 is the Euro spec oil that meets the latest BMW LL-01 requirements for the new cars. It is fine for your car. Also, i have used the high mileage 10w40 Mobil 1 in my '88 325iC and it seems to work well. I believe both oils have higher zinc and phosphorus than most off the shelf oils.

You car will be ok with either one.

viking wrote:
Thinking about putting mobil 1 synthetic high mileage in my 92 cabrio with 99,990 miles. The mobile 1 website recommends 0w-40. Does that sound right. Was going to run the high mileage oil in there for a few months and then replace with mobil 1 performance. Welcome your recommendations.
cjhsa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you run that stuff in an 84 325e? I've always used conventional 20W50, and it has always burned oil since the day I bought it. It's gotten worse with age.
dale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On our older M20 engines, I run either the 10W40 Turbo Diesel Mobil 1 oil, or the 15w50 Mobil 1 performance oil.

Our engines are designed to run on a heavier weight oil, and need the higher Zinc (ZDDP) levels of these two oils vs the low Zinc levels of the newer 0w40 oils.

Dale
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: