Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another year!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig325es

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Another year! Reply with quote

Just got the e30 out of winter storage last weekend. Had to buy a new battery this year since the last one was 8 years old! Popped in a new battery and it runs like a charm.

This is my 13th year with this 1986 325es -- all stock, no mods -- and it feels even more like a cool responsibility to own it. I often wonder just how many 1986 or earlier e30s are still out there as daily drivers.

This one has 285,460 on the odometer, probably 130,000 of that was me -- can't remember. Storing it for the winters has probably extended the lifespan. I let my 2003 Xterra do the heavy lifting in these Michigan winters.

Anyway, just wanted to share and let the board know this one is still around.

85-325e

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine wasn't a daily driver but a pampered garage queen when I lived in Colorado. But I had to get rid of my Bronco II when I moved, and Cosmo became my almost daily ride.

Unfortunately, while he was protected from most things when garaged in Colorado's dry air, here, near the sea on the East Coast, it's struggling with lots of small issues... and I have no place to work on it anymore, so I try to group all of this stuff up and do it at one time. However, the last time I was able to do any real work on the car was last July...

Still, runs great though...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: