Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1976 or Earlier BMW 2002 in TV Ad, I Think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
85-325e

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: 1976 or Earlier BMW 2002 in TV Ad, I Think Reply with quote

There's a TD Ameritrade ad with a guy, holding a baby in an operating room, and all this strange things happen to him... house is haunted, then, after a few seconds, he has car trouble and in the background wheeling in from the left, there's a yellow car... the grille doesn't look remotely correct for a 2002 from the side, but the wheels look like BMW bottle caps (which the 2002 didn't have standard), and the door handles, the mirror, the body, the side trim and even the shape of the hood and the way it's opened look like they're from a 2002... Definitely looks like the front end (fender and front) were modified!

It starts at 10 secs... The ad is called "Surprises"

What do you think?

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7dpk/td-ameritrade-surprises

idanity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Datsun.... guessing though

this post sure looked like spam too.... if it wasn't for being you, i would've never fallowed the link..but i still think its a japanese car of some sort.. hoping its a datsun.
85-325e

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think so Dan... I HAD a 2002... I'd know the side of that car from all angles... they had to change the front of course because of the branding thing, but I'd bet a bunch on that being a 2002!!!

dt325ic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a 2002...but with some odd grill. Once it pans out a bit, its unmistakable.

Those are bottle cap wheels too, nice catch.
85-325e

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The funny part... his 40+ year old "driver" needs a new transmission... that's his car but he's bought a house (albeit haunted), is out in the AZ dessert with his 40+ year old car (see the wolf or coyote on the lower right), but, he's buying stock online lol!

It looks to me like the front of the right fender was replaced, because the front lines, even around the wheel, are all wrong... but that would make sense if they were changing the grille out and making some sort of bizarre hybrid. I'm sure they didn't want to show a branded BMW. Actually, if you look closely and stop the video, you can see where the bodywork was done, right at the front of the wheel and almost exactly where the hood hinge is. In fact, the bodywork color isn't an exact match! Notice that they didn't mess with the point of the hood! See the pic below...

Once it pans out though, those rear fold out windows, the back pillar lines, and the rear of the car is definitely a 2002 with bottle-caps on the rear! My 2002 came with steel wheels, which I think are on the front...

robert1700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet its a 02 and BMW made them change the front for copyright.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: