Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed sensor connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bimmerboy1989

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Speed sensor connector Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get the housing for the speed sensor on the differential. I am doing my subframe bushings and when I removed the connector it crumbled in my hand.
dale

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With any of these parts on the diff, you can order them new from a dealer, or pick up used ones from a salvage yard.
Also check Craigslist for someone parting out an E30 in your area.

I'm not clear on which part crumbled, the electrical connector? Or the sensor itself? The housing is aluminum and the retaining plate is steel, so I can't see either of those crumbling.

http://houston.craigslist.org/search/pta?zoomToPosting=&altView=&query=bmw+e30&srchType=A&minAsk=&maxAsk=
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
Bimmerboy1989

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electrical connector crumbled on me. The sensor and all else looks decent. I found bmw part#61-13-1-378-416. Just need confirmation this one is correct. The terminals and wire are good but the connector housing disintegrated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: