Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mouse damage and stench in stored cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1hb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: mouse damage and stench in stored cars Reply with quote

i guess this is a perennial, but i want to offer my 2c worth:

methinks fabricsoftener sheets helped soso. but mice still pissed into the seats and vents and ruined the cars in my barn.

an rv owner who stores his rv in winter tells me what works best for him: 4in pipes full of d-con cubes.

i caution for that modality: d-con makes mice terribly thirsty before they die and they run to a hidden unreachable spot to die....yuk, that smells in spring, and thats nearly unfixable.

so yes, use 4-in pipes, but load them with gluetraps! that will do the trick. put in enough traps and in driving season clean them out.

other than regularly taking the car out for a trip, mouse damage is really difficult to prevent.
tncean

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beer or soda cans with gravel/rocks in bottom, add couple of moth balls every few months. Place under engine and under trunk area. DON'T put mothballs in car, unless you like the aroma. Repels rodents.

Dryer sheets in interior, trunk, air intake on engine. Works well for insect repellent.

Been doing above for couple of years, car is stored outdoors under large metal shed. Knock on wood, no infestations. Usually do drive it every few weeks.

t
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: