Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

wtb: E30 power antenna assembly & maybe seats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gr8acclaim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: wtb: E30 power antenna assembly & maybe seats Reply with quote

Hey all! Was a nice day today and so I went and washed the car. I went to the crappy spray and wash place rather than run through the autowash type places because my power antenna is broken. Since it wouldn't pull back down into the rear fender anymore I was afraid it would be broken off by the brushy things and flappy things and stuff.

Well, damned if it didn't bust off anyway, and I only BARELY sprayed it with the sprayer thing.

I hardly use the actual radio, so reception is of little concern, but I don't like the busted off antenna look. I was afraid it would get water down it and into the trunk, so I opened a tube of RTV silicone and gooped a big gob down into the hollow mast end and sealed it up pretty well. But it still looks crappy.

So I need a new mast at the very least, and I figure if anyone has a good used mast WITH the motor and stuff, that's swell. I am NOT buying a whole new assembly at the price they are, and I really don't want to hassle with pulling the whole thing apart to put a mast in when my current motor doesn't work.

Also, I am interested in a non-broken set of 2-door seats. Mine are brown leather / vinyl, and they're actually in decent shape, but they're 4-door seats and you CANNOT squeeze into the back at all, and the back seat doesn't fit quite right. Frankly I don't care what color seats you have really. The main factor on them is that they be 2-door seats that work right, and they have to be pretty close. I live in central Indiana, just east of Indianapolis.

Feel free to post on here or send me a message or just whatever if you have stuff I can use. Thanks guys!

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
gr8acclaim

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, as for the seats, I'd settle for ONE good passenger seat from a 2-door. That would be enough to get in and out of the back and it'd be a good excuse for me to not have to get out myself to let people in the back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: