Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P1189 / 1997-528i (((( NEED HELP ASAP ))))

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Vollenweider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: P1189 / 1997-528i (((( NEED HELP ASAP )))) Reply with quote

HELP, I NEED SOME ADVISE.

I had code P1189 Bank 1 sensor 1. I replaced back pre cat o2 sensor. I still had same code , so I replaced the other pre cat o2 sensor. The code is still present and engine has a miss at idle and when accelerating from dead stop. It also misses bad when accelerating at 40-50 mph, lacks power etc.
I cleared code and light comes right back on. I was wondering if the Cat is the problem, possibly clogged etc....

Please respond with your thoughts.
John

walshja

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, my wifes car had similar problem, and I think it was throwing the same codes. I changed O2 sensors, plugs, and some other things before taking it to the dealer. It had a few leaky vacuum lines.

My cat is bad on the car, due for inspection next week. Gotta go buy the cat clear stuff, which will turn off the check engine light, allowing me to pass emissions!!

1994 325iC, 195k miles
http://home.comcast.net/~walshja/index.html <--- check it out

John Vollenweider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: cat clear stuff ? Reply with quote

walshja wrote:
John, my wifes car had similar problem, and I think it was throwing the same codes. I changed O2 sensors, plugs, and some other things before taking it to the dealer. It had a few leaky vacuum lines.

My cat is bad on the car, due for inspection next week. Gotta go buy the cat clear stuff, which will turn off the check engine light, allowing me to pass emissions!!

What is the CAT clear stuff ?

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: