Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E30 325 small and electric parts: Name your price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skrape

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: E30 325 small and electric parts: Name your price Reply with quote

Stacked up my beloved E30 a while back.
The big tasty bits are gone - engine, body parts, seats, drivetrain, wheels, all gone - but there are a couple of boxes of stuff left that I can't bear to throw out but can't keep... Read my craigslist ad and contact me with the part you need.

Here's the Craigslist link:
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2463970085.html

Here's a list of what's selling:
Parts from an '84 BMW 325
Both side Taillight lenses 84-86, plus one later model (87-91)
Front control arms, R & L
Dash center console piece, great condition
Alternator
Power steering pump
027 ECU (027 is the chippable one with the socket)
Rear bumper trim, good shape, all 3 pieces
Wiper linkage
Sunroof Motor & Switch
Interior console trim
Steering column trim, both pieces
Glovebox box (Just the box, no lock)
Muffler hanger strap
cooling fan (the blade part, not the thermostatic hub)
Rear Shocks, used but good
New-in-box fuel filter
Central locking module
Power Lock actuators for doors, trunk and gas door
All the electronic boxes, modules and doodads from under the dash and whatnot
Misc other interior trim, electrics and small mechanical parts - call with your needs

(Stuff that's already gone: wheels, motor/trans/drivetrain, body shell, glass, seats, steering wheel, cat & exhaust.)

One day it's likely that I'll wind up with another E30 - more likely if these parts sell. ;->

BTW - When I owned the car, this forum was a lot of help to me. Y'all rock and I'll miss you.

85-325e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your car Skrape... When and how did it happen???

Skrape

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been a while now, about 18 months I guess?
It was a typically stupid accident: with both windows open, the wind caught a gas receipt in the cubby and made it whip around in a circle next to my head. In the 1.05 seconds my eyes were off the road, the soccer mom in front of me had to stand on her brakes hard because she was following too closely... She stopped but I couldn't and hit her SUV from behind. Not her fault of course, but sure-hell her crappy driving contributed. Not that the cops or insurance saw it that way...

Anyway, I was thinking of fixing it, but then found that the motor had been pushed back into the bulkhead hard enough to crush the fittings on the back of the head. So, instead I parted it out. Made a pretty penny, but keeping the hulk in my garage for a year was like keeping a corpse in the fridge or something - gruesome and unavoidable.

Eventually though I did get some closure, of a sort - after stripping the shell, I trailered the shell to a recycle place to sell as scrap. I didn't exactly know what to expect, just dump it off the trailer I figured, but a crane operator gave the car an unexpected sendoff - after grabbing it off the trailer, he didn't just tip it over onto the pile; instead, he raised it as high as the crane would take it, swung it out, back, out again and then with a little "wrist flip" sent the car to its grave with a flourish - my last vision of my BMW was of it doing a triple barrel roll, fifty feet in the air. Somehow that wrapped the experience up and let me smile about it.

Anyway, replaced it with a Porsche 944 - Nice car, currently for sale because I'm thinking of moving up. Just between you and me, I'd pick a Bimmer next time.

The Porsche forums are great and all, but I miss this forum. How you been?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: