Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1988 325ic - OBC Problem - Floppy AC Vents - Trunk Lifts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LyonsDen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2000 8:41 am    Post subject: 1988 325ic - OBC Problem - Floppy AC Vents - Trunk Lifts Reply with quote

For Christmas this year my father will be handing me the keys to the family's 1988 325ic. I would like to restore it to close to factory condition. Here is the premlinary list of blemishes:

OBC Problem - It appears that the OBC works but the lamp is out. You can see the LCD "shadow" but no illumination. Any ideas?

Floppy AC Vents - Do I need to replace or is there a trick to getting the vents to stay in place?

Trunk Lifts - Any good sources for replacement lifts for the trunk?

Thanks in advance!

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
rduckwor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2000 4:57 am    Post subject: 1988 325ic - OBC Problem - Floppy AC Vents - Trunk Lifts Reply with quote

1. OBC light.

The obc is lit by a small circuit board behind the display with two lamps wired in series. Your can remove the OBC to get to the light bar with some difficulty. Generally by pulling the radio and the center console trim on the passenger side of the center console. The OBC in held in by four phillips screws that face forward. Remove the two that are easiest to get to and simply loosen the other two. Slide the OBC box off the two remaining screws. The light bar is on the right side of the OBC box, grab it with pliers and pull int straight out. Buy a new one at the dealer ($~29) or go to Radio Shack and buy bulbs to solder in.

Floppy A/C Vents: You can remove these by placing thin blades on both sides of th vent and gently pressing the retaining tabs as you slide the vent out. Find very small "O" rings to fit the tab posts and slip the vent director back in place.

If the convert are teh gas strut type, you can purchase new ones.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: