Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E 30 HARDTOP and fenders, pressure plate, shifter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
idanity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: E 30 HARDTOP and fenders, pressure plate, shifter Reply with quote

HARDTOP for an e30 cabrio.

Heater elements work (defogger uses the same button, but instead of a fan behind your seat, the heating elements defog the rear window more evenly and much faster.

Seals are perfect
rear glass is great
headliner is good. Not saggy at all
outside vinyl needs a little glue by the side (between the rear side window and rear window) this could be re-glued with a syringe I guess. Its fine everywhere else.

I was going to strip and paint to color match to my car, but need the cash.
Asking $1,300.oo obo. (or trade for a custom clark ? Or similar ? )

1 right fender (cabrio only) brand new in box, from Bellevue BMW...........200.00
2 oem fenders with (ebay ) M3 VENTS already installed …........................100.00
shifter/ selector rod- oem (I went with a z3 type).........................................35.00
pressure plate oem (on left in pic) good cond......................................100.00

I replaced my fenders with fiberglass type, and no longer need them.

I replaced my pressure plate with a lightened one. This had zero issues when I removed it willingly. I would suggest to take this to get it lightened, and then sell your old one too. We get faster response between shifting and less rotational weight. Imo better than the alloy type b/c its still steel.

Shifter is fine. I just wanted a smaller throw. The selector rod is oem.

Fenders with M3 vents are ebay type, look fine, “if you paint the chrome rings” to color match your car. The right side has a 3inch dent along the wheel edge (reason I bought another), but I decided to try out fiberglass fenders (I am quite good w/fiberglass) and am happy so these can be sold. the rest of the fender is in normal condition, only the edge of the wheel has a dent.

Images show the hardtop and the part that is not glued, is slight...difficult to see it if your not looking for it.
The dented fender is shown. The dent is just above the tire...about 2 inches long from another car (race rubbing) it. The paint is still fine. Just an impressed part...may be able to be hammered out.

Pressure plate for sale is the one on the left..the shiny one is what I had lightened..and it looked 10 times worse than the one im selling...but after a machining..its all brand new again..these last forever.
I have extra clutch disc too, but I would suggest to just buy a new one. (w/throwout bearing, etc)

Thanks for reading.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Parts for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: