Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2002 530I Fuel Filter Q?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaracer64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: 2002 530I Fuel Filter Q? Reply with quote

I work for O'Reily Auto Parts here in Saint Louis. Does anyone have time to give me their 2cent worth on AC fuel filters? I can order them with my discount for $32 and the walk in price is $45. Is this a good deal or a good price for a bad part?

"note: If i order my store will have 11 to get rid of since max/min is 12"

Thank you guys!!!
Edit/Delete Message

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
edjack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most BMW fanatics use German filters in all applications. One problem with AC, et al, filters is, where are they manufactured? Many old-line American manufacturers are getting their stuff from China, or they have cheapened their product almost to the point of uselessness.

I would be concerned about replacing the filter/regulator with a non-German brand, but I do understand your desire to do so, since you are looking at about one-third the price; the BMW list price is $97!

However, it's also possible that AC has sourced a German filter, and rebranded it.

The quality of German filters still seems to be holding. I've read nothing bad about them on the forums, but there has been at least one comment about the quality of a domestic oil filter.

When you DIY, the comparative cost of components is a non-issue; buy the Good Stuff; it's your time you're investing.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
075series

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buying the good stuff is always key. Stick with the German made filters as they are specifically made for these cars. I know cutting costs is important, but spending a hundred to save 20 thousand seems like a bargain to me. If it will make it last longer, it is worth it. If you are still not sure, maybe contact a local mechanic with some experience on your type of car. Have you thought about using angies list? Always ask them what they would put in their own car. This will give you the information you are looking for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: