Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heater Fan Issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am going on a 2K drive over 3/4 days. Blower only works on high.If I do not replace the resistor pack for till I get to destination am I asking for trouble...since I don't care to run it at high fan all time?

Therefore, it will be off. From what I gather here is there's a heat build up without fan running on at least #1. This happens to be what I was told when I originally bought car.

However, I did buy the resistor pack, took off the kick panel, took a look and couldn't identify the old resistor pack.

I will not tell you how much it costs to replace in what's actually a plug in job. It's just that I'm having trouble identifying the correct part.

It is very, very cramped down there. Maybe I'll try again. However, the damn thing all looks the same to me...lots and lots of wires packed in there.

The trick is to know what to look for and where it is. I do have the Bentley but am having difficulty nonetheless.

Any suggestions about replacement?

Any problems if I drive with no fan on except for an occasional high setting?

thanks

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
PJK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry,

Get a good light and look around the heater box on the driver's side for something which looks like the connector side of your new resistor. Keep in mind the pins will be covered with the cable connector.

The heater core is heated by the engine coolant so it can't get any hotter than that. You should be fine driving with the blower not functioning. In fact at highway speeds you may even get some heat from the heater with the blower not working. Leave the heater on if you want heat so the air doors will be open.

Phil
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will let you know about this in a few days...Thanks very much.
xiaochun3612

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming that the car is your '95 e36.

Does the blower run when the blower switch is off?

Will the blower switch control the blower speed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: