Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instrument panel-mind of its own

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdob28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Instrument panel-mind of its own Reply with quote

I am reposting this here since the M-Forum seems dead. The instrument panel in my 99 M3 will reset, just like when the key is first turned on, while driving. The service interval lights will be on and most gauges go full swing, then it works normally. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with bumps in the road. It does, however, only happen when the A/C is on. I am starting to think that it has something to do with the capacitor fix in the climate control unit. Does anyone else have this problem and if so, have you found the cause. I may just replace the capacitor even though I am not having trouble with the unit. If I remember correctly, when the climate unit went bad in my 328ic, the radio acted weird, and after the fix there was no problems with the radio. Are these things digital and talking with each other on a data bus?
jdob28

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the climate control fix but it didn't help with the instrument panel. The cluster only acts up if the A/C is running so I think it must have something to do with the compressor clutch cycling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: