Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Audi and BMW owners :

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
matthewsmith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:42 am    Post subject: For Audi and BMW owners : Reply with quote

or Audi and BMW owners : How would you rate your car's reliability compared to Japanese cars?

I guess it helps if you've owned a Japanese car before but yeah... I just love the styling and performance of Audis and BMW cars but always hear /read about reliability issues. Is this really true? Sad

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

error_delete

Last edited by Henry on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When parts wear out replace them. And the German parts and labor are expensive. However, aftermarket firms such as Bavarian Autosports, BMP
Design and Pelican Parts to name only 3 have OEM parts without the rondel for much less money. If you are handy you can do a lot for etc..

Anyway, if it's help, I've found that this stuff comes in plateaus and at certain mileages

Finally, A BMW will be of sound body and engine will perform fantastically, if well maintained, into the higher mileage ranges. My 3 series has 227K and it runs like a clock and as tight as a bank vault. So, was the dough worth it. I say yes. Most guys with Japaze cars are onto their next one.

I don't know anything about Audis. A friend has one and it breaks a lot but some say the same for bmw's.

Oh...safety. I believe, with all my soul, that bmw's are safer than jagazee cars. They handle like stink at high speeds...umm spell that high speeds as sometimes very high. BM's turn this and that way, around just about anything, I've run some really weird and very dangerous stuff. The car tracked true. I expect a Japanee car would be sushi under same conditions.

BM's are really strong and really safer. Saved my life and those of many others.

Look at it this way...German cars, bmw's are made to run safely and flat out all day long...this means turning turns, stopping stopps, all from top speed. And than they are expected to do the same the next day and the day after that and the year after that.

Can you say the same for Japanese cars?

I like bmw's. Period.
idanity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..88 toyota 4x4 truck

1st off, the odometer STOPPED working at 350,000 miles, and i have no idea when it stopped.

its brought me home w/out a fuel pump.

i drove it 90 miles on a freeway doing 60 with ONE bolt holding the entire driveline on....(in fact,i bought it this way, and didn't realise this until i got it home)

i hydro locked it, (sunk it to its windows in a river) and just pulled the plugs, shot out the water by starting it...reset the plugs, drove it home, (50 + miles btw)

been everywhere any truck could go, and still truckin.

gotta say, the 80's toyota trucks are legendary.

more to the point, i would like to state, that there is a TIME for every manufacturer...as they have good and bad.

you (or anyone) cannot lump a country or region, you have to ask specifically, or just look at stats.

look up "toyota wars" and you will find a 80 toyota truck.

never left me stranded,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: