Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

325xi sticky 5th & Rev. Detent (manual)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sohcfour

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: 325xi sticky 5th & Rev. Detent (manual) Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:34 pm Post subject: 325xi sticky 5th & Rev. Detent (manual) Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post
I've found someone's outstanding write-up about fixing this issue, but I'd really like to know about BMW's response to this appearently common problem. Can a dealer make this repair? I almost hate to ask what they charge for it.

Although I'm a good DIYer, this isn't my decision on the car in question. I realized that my folk's 325xi was doing this when I drove them to the airport. I thought I'd be able to lube something up and have it working better when they returned from vacation, but I realize now that this is a serious, trans-out issue.

So, does anyone have experience with *having* this work done? Can a dealer or BMW even be negotiated with on this? The car only has 51,000mi and this seems ridiculous.

Thanks - Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: