Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Z3, 1.9 performance exhaust & cat delete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Panchoz3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Z3, 1.9 performance exhaust & cat delete. Reply with quote

Z3, 1.9 performance exhaust & cat delete.

Hello:

Bought it new for my wife in '97--Z3 1.9L. Stock exhaust and cat has had its day. Looking to replace with aftermarket exhaust system and new cat or cat delete. Stock is a welded one piece system. Want to replace with bolt on components--no welding. Not looking for expensive exotic stuff. Jurisdiction has no inspections.

In this vehicle, would I be able to cut the pipe with a sawzall where the cat begins, then clamp in a new cat, then clamp on an aftermarket exhaust, like Ansa? What kind of flange and fitment issues would I find ?

Also, where can I get that funky counterweight that was affixed somewhere on the stock exhaust (rusted away and gone on this car), and is it necessary for aftermarket exhaust systems ? ...what was its original purpose? ...a vendor for a cat the fits this application ?

Have found Ansa exhaust on ebay for $224.95 (Item number:350291733179), and a Magnaflo universal Calif. cat for $209 (tem number:300384623889). Will these do the job or should I look elsewhere ?

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: