Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2001 M Roadster won't start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luis_66

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: 2001 M Roadster won't start Reply with quote

Hi,

Sometimes my 2001 M Roadster won't start. Dash comes on ok, battery is fully loaded, turn the key to pos 3: no clicks, no cranking, nothing happens.

I had the same problem one year ago, the clutch switch was bad, has been replaced, car started fine since then. A few weeks ago, the problem came back, same symptoms. I had the clutch switch in mind, so I replaced it once again.
Car started ok for a couple of days, now same problem again.

I concentrated on the ring antenna around the ignition switch. Detached the electrical connector at the EWSII module, measured conductivity (ohms) at those two pins that are connected to the ring antenna via wiring harness. The circuit was ok, I had conductivity. So the ring antenna and wiring should be ok, right?
Now I am suspecting that the ignition switch itself may be the problem?
What do you guys think of that?

Thanks,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: