Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake sensor replacement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikethenic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Brake sensor replacement Reply with quote

I want to replace the brakes on my 1999 323i sedan. Do I have to replace the brake sensor wires at the same time? Is there a trick to reseting the light? Shocked

geminiys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the break light is on, means the sensor circuit is "open". Thus replacement of the sensor is necessary. The break light will turn off as soon as the circuit is close (closed loop for current to flow), new sensor is installed.
SSearch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately once the sensors are activated - they need to be replaced. It's a simple process, you just need to figure out that the sensor fits through the opening in the caliper, not the connector. You'll figure out what this means as you're taking the new pads and sensor out of the caliper after you have put it together wrong the first time... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: