Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Out of BMW

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donaldan

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Out of BMW Reply with quote

Once a year, I stop off in Germany for a long weekend with the speed drive on the Autobahn as a highlight of the trip. In the past, I had always lucked into a BMW rental, 530d, 320td, X3td, 320d touring, etc. No such luck this year. The rental company, SIXT which I regularly use was completely out of BMW or Mercedes the day I checked in. Instead, I got a Ford Mondeo, 4 cylinder gasoline, 5 speed manual. It was woefully underpowered for high speed Autobahn driving. I could barely hit 110mph on a downhill stretch where even the smallest BMW would do 135. The 4 cylinder engine labored hard, at way over 5k rpm. This is where BMW's really shine. Even the smallest BMW diesel would cruise smoothly without complaint. And the way BMW's connect the driver to the road is so far superior. It is such experience that reminds us the pleasure of driving a BMW.

Henry

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How frustrating is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: