Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E36 M3 front brake job price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
63strat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: E36 M3 front brake job price Reply with quote

I have a 1995 E36 M3 coupe with about 55,000 miles. I'm the original owner, I just have never driven it that much. I've always taken it to my BMW dealership for all service. On someone's advice, I took it to an independent BMW repair garage for some routine service and the guy told me I need new front brakes (new rotors, pads, and sensors) and that it's be about $1450.00. This seems too high to me. Then at the my BMW dealership, one of the service advisors said he thought the cost would be only about $800 for the front brakes only, but he couldn't quote me exactly until I bring the car in. Any advice on what the right price should be. (I don't want to do this myself). Thx.
edjack

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does sound steep. Know a BMW CCA member? Ask for a BMW indie recommendation. Or, ask your local AAA office.

OTOH, LA is a high-cost market, and it is an M3.

Most DIYers will not replace the rotors with each pad change, unless they're scored.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: